04 May 2012

needles

I want to finish this gown before I go to Korea. I've been spending my nights sewing and listening to Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps). Over and over. And over. There's a tiny hole in the tip of my middle finger, due to the constant pressing of needles through broadcloth.

Don't tell anyone, but this thing is part of a series of garments that were inspired by inane Yahoo news articles that I accidentally clicked on at some point in 2011, while trying to access my inbox.





I need to generously embellish the bustle and add more structure to the sleeves. Also, the underskirt is made of salvaged bits of old formal gowns; it would be really cool if some of that material could be visible. The dress probably weighs like six pounds. I swear it's going to rip itself apart of one these days, right on the hanger.


Gonna bleach the hell out of this bastard and dip it in shellac, I reckon. I need to draw up a detailed representation of what the finished installation will look like. 

Korea?

No comments:

Post a Comment